THE JUNK DR always does his best to donate as much as possible. Local charities and organizations like The Salvation Army, Goodwill, Operation Reach Out in Monroe, Habitat for Humanity, and Union County Community Shelter are always looking for items that aren’t soiled or too worn, such as clothes, furniture, working electronics, housewares, etc… Below is a partial list of items that are typically acceptable for donations at most organizations. Although there are some items that can’t be donated, anything that can be given a second chance is better than no chance at all.
Items Typically Accepted For Donation
|· Clothes, shoes, hats, coats, gloves, boots, scarves
· Toys, video games, board games, sports equipment, exercise equipment, bikes
· CD’s, DVD’s, books, records, VCR tapes
· Collectables, jewelry, antiques, giftware
· Housewares: Dishes, cookware, kitchen utensils, silverware, glassware, lamps, fans, etc…
· Hand tools, small power tools, garden & yard tools
· Small appliances: Toasters, microwaves, toaster ovens, coffee makers, etc….
· Electronics: Office equipment, computers, scanners, video game consoles, DVD players, radios, stereos, clocks, etc…
· Linens: Blankets, towels, curtains, etc…
· Furniture: Sofas, dressers, tables, bed frames, bookshelves, dining room furniture, office furniture, outdoor furniture, etc….
Every charitable organization has different rules on what they can and cannot accept. So it’s always best to check with the charity of your choice to make sure your items will be able to find a new home. Thanks for stopping by!